Monday, March 23, 2009

Know-Hows - 12 Simple Powers!!

While I was surfing the net found some beautiful wisdoms which were real good one n thought of sharing this piece of tips with my circle of friends - Worthy to mark them, carry out in our daily life for our betterment!

#1 YOU ARE THE CEO OF YOUR LIFE
No one is coming to save you. No one cares about you and your life as much as you.
Create your life in the way that YOU want it.


#2 LIFE LIFE CREATIVELY
The days of “I’m going to work at the company until I’m 65, then retire with a pension” are over. The days of “I’m going to get discovered and someone will create and manage my career for me” are virtually over. First, decide what you like/want/have a passion for, then figure out how to do it. Life is a work in progress - your goals may change as you go down the path.


#3 FIND A MENTOR
Some mentoring relationships happen naturally, some don’t. You may need to seek out a mentor. Look for someone you respect, trust, is interested to invest their time with you, and who you get along with well. Be the kind of person a mentor would want to work with: motivated, talented, someone with a good work ethic and open to ideas/advice/suggestion. Also, consider being a mentor to others.


How can a mentor benefit you?
A mentor will believe in your talents and abilities
A mentor will offer advice, guidance, counsel
A mentor will teach you
A mentor will be a friend, confidant, supporter
A mentor will inspire you
A mentor will help keep you on track - moving forward in a good direction
A mentor may refer you to professional contacts or opportunities

#4 FOLLOW THE BINGO EFFECT
The bingo effect is that “A-ha! That’s it!” experience we feel when something really hits home and feels right. Whenever you experience the bingo effect, pay close attention, especially when you’re considering choices of any kind. Use it as a guide for what direction to go when you’re building a life in music.


#5 A USEFUL EQUATION:
INSPIRATION + IMAGINATION + CHOICE + ACTION + COMMITMENT = MOVING YOUR LIFE IN THE DIRECTION YOU DESIRE.


Example:
INSPIRATION: I LOVE that. It thrills me.
IMAGINATION: What can I create in my life to do/have/be/express/experience/share THAT?
CHOICE: I choose to do/have/be/express/experience/share THAT.
ACTION: What steps need to be taken for me to do/have/be/express/experience/share THAT?
COMMITMENT: I commit to taking the steps needed to do/have/be/express/experience/share THAT.


#6 YOU WON’T GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING
Effort/intention = result. Practice = you sound better. Paying the dues = getting the reward. Most successful people have a very strong work ethic. It doesn’t feel like work though if it’s born from the desire to realize your dreams and passions.


#7 NO ONE CAN BE YOU BETTER THAN YOU
Showcase what YOU do best, and what YOU love and who YOU are. No one does it better. Don’t be shy to do/be/act/think/listen/relate in the way that’s unique to YOU, complete with both the beautiful parts and the warts.


#8 DO YOUR BEST
Always. With everything. Never settle for “it’s good enough.” Settling for “it’s good enough” takes you out of in integrity with yourself. Doing your best, even if it’s not perfect, always makes you stronger and more fulfilled.


#9 BE EVER EVOLVING
Some of the best musicians in the world are some of the most eager to learn new things, continue practicing passionately, and explore new sounds and styles. Be hungry to learn something new. Study. Then keep studying, for the rest of your life. This is an important key to maintaining aliveness.


#10 YOU ARE THE CHOOSER IN YOUR LIFE
Your life is built by the choices you make. Very little in life is out of your control, and even within those situations you still have choices. Accepting responsibility for being the chooser in your life is very empowering. Notice how this manifests in language:


Instead of: I can’t go to the movie because I have to practice.
Say: I’m not going to the movie because I’m going to practice instead.
Instead of: I have to finish grading the papers on my desk.
Say: I’m going to finish grading the papers on my desk.
Instead of: This is really hard.
Say: This is a challenge.
Instead of: I’ll try to finish up that term paper tonight.
Say: I’m going to finish up that term paper tonight.
Instead of: I’m not very good at scatting.
Say: I’m going to practice scatting so I feel more confident about it.


#11 THERE IS NO SOMEDAY
You only have NOW. Whenever it was then, it was actually now at the time. And whenever you get there, it will be now then too. Deal with life and what you want now, not “after I graduate,” “once I make enough money,” “after I’m married,” “when we have kids,” “once the kids have grown up,” “when I retire.”


#12 DO MUSIC BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT
Do anything and everything because you love it. Proceeding any other way steers you away from your heart’s desire, and leads you toward a life path of banality and dissatisfaction.


- Michele Weir

4 comments:

Vinay Danageri said...

Hey very nicely scripted.. I would liek to add one more things to it, if you diont mind. Conosistence and Commitment. According to my experience anything we do in our lives has to have a commitment. And the commitment that i have won't be sufficient. I need to perform the commitment consistently. If I am committed and consistent, I don't have to worry about the success and the best fortune. I hope you agree with this... Happy scripting

Sowmya S Narayana said...

Yeah these key tips were handy. Absolutely Vinay 2C's are so imp to perform well. Tnx for inputs! :))

zoya thomas said...

I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hearing from you. Contact me at zoya@siliconindia.com

Sowmya S Narayana said...

Hi Zoya,

Welcome to my blog! Just saw n moderated your comments in my blog. with regard to your events, could you please get in touch with me on sowmyasnarayana@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers
Sowmya